Cannot play online?

About over a week ago I fired up Black Ops and couldn't get onto multiplayer. I get a message saying 'server is not available at this time'. This has happened since title update 8 and I have no idea why. I only used to play about 5 or 6 games a day. Any ideas why this is happening?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm experiencing the same thing.

www.MetalReview.com

not me....

maby your cd is filthy or if anything else won't work...maby you need to delete your savings?

I've been  having the same problem and it's gotten worse over the last few weeks to the point that I can't play online anymore. It's only with Black ops. I used to have to restart my modem and router several times to make it connect. Open the correct ports on the router and still no luck. Connect straight to the modem and it worked for a a day or two, now nothing. Activision says it not them and the ISP say it's not them. Anybody else?

That sucks, I am glad I haven't had any problems like that as of late.

Watch,.....now mine won't work because I said that..lol

I too had this problem, starting a couple of weeks back, though I did find a solution from searching the Treyarch/Black Ops forum. Check the time on your 360, you'll likely find that it's fast. Log out, correct the time in Settings then log back in. I got back onto multiplayer first time and it's been fixed since. Hope this helps. Still odd that this is effecting so many people all of a sudden.

My Xbox connects to the internet and Live fine and the clock syncs up itself via a time server somewhere - so, that isn't going to solve (my) problem.

I wish someone with some knowledge and authority would help us out with this!  Like someone else mentioned, it's getting worse.

www.MetalReview.com

Crowbar - Mine connected to XBox Live and Zombies too, but no multiplayer. Try logging out and change the time manually in Settings, it's worth a punt!

Might sound daft but updating the console clock worked for me too. After weeks of messing with my router,  no issues since I changed the clock.

If you don't have an open NAT and get this message try port forwarding.

artisticallychill.com/.../optimizing-your-network-for-xbox-live

Check that link for optimizing your xbox live connection

I haven't had any problems playing online