Cannot play Halo with one person

I am really hoping someone can provide an answer to this problem which has been driving me nuts for a few weeks.

Ok  - I am on x box live, as is my nephew. We both live in Ireland. We would like to play Halo(3) against each other. However, we cannot join each others games in x box Live. So if I  invite him to a game or party, he gets a message saying he cannot join and verse versa - if he creates a game and invites me....I get the 'cannot join' message.

However the frustrating thing is, that we are both able to play against others. So he can create a Halo game and invite any other friends he has, and likewise I can  play Halo games against any other people without a problem.....but the maddening thing is, we cannot seem to join a game with each other!  

I have read up on NATS, and my nats settings are open, as are his.  We have tried everything to get to play against each other, but nothing works. I am really hoping someone can suggest a solution or advise what is causing this connection problem between just him and me and why we cannot join each others halo games.

all advise appreciated . thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hmm, NAT usually is the issue in these cases. Can you both answer these questions in this thread, to better help us troubleshoot the issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.