cannot play games off line!

After eventually getting through the initial set up I cannot play COD Ghosts or Assasins Creed without signing in to my profile, which I have to connect to the internet to do. I understand I need to sign in to a profile but how do I do this off line?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Why don't you connect to the internet? You surely have it, since you said you got through set up?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On the top left hand corner on the home screen there should be the notification button and sign in option, click there and sign in and your good to go.

But looking at your issue closely it seems that either you download both games from the marketplace on a different console, which would be why you can't play offline as the games are registered on a different console as the main one (license transfer would solve it)

Or

Somehow the profiles on the console are removed (Which is a easy fix)

Sorry this didn't help.

Why am I unable to play off-line on XBOX One?  Since I can't log in to XBOX live I should have the option to play off-line until the service is up and when I log in they can update my profile to the sever.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can as long as you are on your home console

Whatever console your mainnprofile is set as a home console it will work for all profiles

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar issue to this, and my problem may be game specific.  As live service was down, when I played Thief, it tried to synch and eventually offered me "offline", but then after a few mins play it it told me my proifile had been disconnected and booted me back to the Thief main menu.  I resolved this by setting the whole console to "Offline", but when I went into thief, I noticed that my saved game from the previous night (when I WAS online) wasnt the one I was playing on my console, i.e.  the Chapeter I completed the night before was ot longer completed.  So it seemed pointless to me to play "offline"

As I say, not sure if this is specific to Thief.  I understand the synching, but I would have expected the version in my offline mode to be the same as the latest version I synced before

Sorry this didn't help.