Cannot play downloaded content due to Disc read error???????

I have downloaded RE5 Dlc package with lost in nightmares, desprate escape and mercenays reunion from the market place, and I can play both of the sub games but the mercs reunion won't play it comes straight up with the disc read error message which I guess means the DVD is ***, as I have only just replaced my xbox arcade with a new slimline edition x box. Now my question is that i'm wondering if maybe it is not a disc problem but rather a problem with the download itself, as I have always kept my games in very good condition although this particular disc does have have some minor surface scratching as I bought it preowned. Any light on the matter would be met with good vibes.

David.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Still pondering this issue if anyone can help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

delete gamedata and clear system cache?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried deleting the data and reinstaled the dlc but it still says the same disc read error message. I have also tried a brand new copy of the game and it still won't go. I haven't tried clearing the cashe memory as I probably don't know how to do it, but I will give it a try. Does annyone have any idea what I should do if the problem persists, who do I contact next etc.also in the whole game there apears to be a line of distortion going across the screen this happens when images move around the screen and it only happens with this game

Sorry this didn't help.

So, just to clarify, you have a disc version of the game, and the DLC add-ons? Have you fully deleted and redownloaded/reinstalled all the content as per the Downloading Sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../33.aspx)? Make sure to follow the steps exactly.

Sorry this didn't help.

did u download the free add on for this game. if so u may have to delete the free add on and it should work.

Sorry this didn't help.