Cannot Play B4 on first generation xbox 360

My X-Box is a refurbished first-gen 360.  No problem with any other games, but it will not allow me to play Battlefield 4 at all.  I have installed it correctly, and I can enter the game.  However, when I attempt to begin gameplay of any kind (online or campaign), I get an error message saying the disc is unreadable.  Brand new game, and it happens with both discs.  Please help!!!  Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Have you tried installing the disc?

Tried it. Several times. May be a bad copy, but it seems odd that it cannot read either disc...

[quote user="BanditSlayer64"]

Tried it. Several times. May be a bad copy, but it seems odd that it cannot read either disc...

[/quote]

This happened for my copies of BF3 and BF4.  I hate to tell you, for me it ended up being my HDD.  It did the same things you described, I could play anything else under the sun but BF. I actually now have a second slim 360 because of it.  I went through, "it must be a bad disc", "it must be the console", it worked for a little bit after a new console(same HDD).  Then the night of BF4 release, I got to play maybe 30 mins. out of 2 hours of trying to play.  The next day I went to get a new 250 GB HDD and never had another issue.

[quote user="BanditSlayer64"]

My X-Box is a refurbished first-gen 360.  No problem with any other games, but it will not allow me to play Battlefield 4 at all.  I have installed it correctly, and I can enter the game.  However, when I attempt to begin gameplay of any kind (online or campaign), I get an error message saying the disc is unreadable.  Brand new game, and it happens with both discs.  Please help!!!  Thanks!

[/quote] Do you leave the disc in the tray?  I been having this problem with other games leaving the game in the tray.  Like it happened to MOHW and now GTA5. Simple fix is when you get cant read disc or clean it screen message.  Just eject tray and close it.  Works for me every time.  Cause most new games I get I leave it in the system for a year before I get another game.  I believe Far Cry 3 did this as well brand new second day.

^^Thats worked for me before too or he may not have enough memory. I know the 4GB slims (brand new) can NOT play the new BF4s.