Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695

I am having problems with my Westinghouse LD-4695 TV and getting it to work with my Xbox One. I know it can work because the Xbox can send the mute, volume, menu, and other commands to it. However I cannot for the life of me get it to successfully turn on and off with the console. It has worked before, but only once in a great while. I have tried many different remote codes and practically everything else (turning IR to slow, fast, recommended, i even did a setup with Sony settings and everything but the power on/off worked, and I tried the method of turning the tv off before turning off the Xbox too), and now I even bought an IR extender which I thought would fix it. I've resetted my console, cleared it's cache, and done every thing I could think of or that I've seen online. However, no such luck, sadly.

I would appreciate any help with this (I'm beginning to think it must be something with the wrong remote code, but alas I don't know how to find the right on)e. It's a great system and I know there's a solution out there somewhere, I just am at the point now where I have exhausted all my resources to find it haha!

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 121 Applies to:

I think the IR code is: 1712.

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So I know it's been almost a month since you replied, but I did keep meaning to reply. So in regards to the remote code it worked for a little bit, and even then just off and on. However, now it didn't when at all and no matter what I do, I even bought an ir extender, it still won't work.

Thank you for the help though and I hope something can get figured out soon!

By the way I know it can work because if I do the Sony setup it can access everything through the ir blaster, menu, volume, and info/display, so again, I know it can work.

Sorry this didn't help.

No worries, believe me... I understand. Many threads, many... everything's. Meanwhile back at the ranch... :)

By design the Xbox and the TV only should be on/off, and Volume up/down.

Try IR code: 3579, or 2397. I thought 1712 was the ticket. Otherwise, try pointing the Kinect directly at the TV and say volume up/ down with all 3 codes.

Thanks for being so thorough with me, this info will save someone else down the road.. Let me know

-cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

So I finally figured it out.   I always the Vizio remote worked because I have one on the other side of my basement but I was having trouble specifically turning my Westinghouse tv on/off. Everything else worked besides that.   After a few wasted hours I figured out that you need to go to power options within the TV settings and select toggle. Not "on when Xbox is on..etc" after that it worked perfectly. So make sure it is a Vizio TV code and make sure to select toggle and you should be good to go. I have the Westinghouse VR4625 model. Hopefully this saves you time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, MountainyZeus83! Thanks so much for the tip, however this thread is over a year old and this user has likely resolved their issue. I suggest checking out more recent posts to see if you can help those users out. We love seeing you guys help out your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you! :D

Sorry this didn't help.