Cannot download. Please help

I hadn't used my xbox in awhile, so when I turned it on today I needed to update it. The download would start, but then immediately say it couldn't be completed and give me an error code. I didn't think this was a big deal so I updated it with a CD and thought that was the end of it. But then I put in MW3 and was required to update. Same problem. Error code 3254-0000-D080-0200-8007-0570. I can't find this error code anywhere online. I deleted my cash, I've got my ports forwarded, I have plenty of room on my harddrive, and my download speed is fine. I also tried just downloading something off the marketplace (a few random game demos) and the downloads would never start. Is there something wrong on my end or is xbox live being weird right now? I've spent the past 3 hours looking for a solution to this but I can't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

A  Error 3254 error message is the number and letter data format of the error message generated. It’s the normal error message layout utilised by Windows and other Microsoft Windows compatible programs and driver suppliers.

This particular code is employed by the merchant to diagnose the error code made. This unique Error 3254 error code includes a numeric value and a technical brief description. In some circumstances the error code could have more factors in Error 3254 format .The additional number and letter code are the address of the storage regions where the directions are loaded during the time of the error message.

The Error 3254 error code is caused by Microsoft Windows system data file failure. Damaged system entries are usually a real risk to the health and wellbeing of a laptop or desktop.

There are numerous events that can cause file errors. A partial installation, an incomplete file erasure, incorrect deletion of software or computer hardware. It may also be brought about if the computer system has caught a a virus or adware attack or by an incorrect shut down of the computer system. Many of the preceeding actions can result in the removal or corruption of Windows system files. This corrupted system file will result in absent and erroneously linked data and data files essential for the optimal operation of the software.

Call Xbox Support directly by dialing 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

9 am to 1 am Eastern Time

6 am to 10 pm Pacific Time

Xbox Support phone numbers

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102

Best regards

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Venusaur! The error your getting does look like an update error, but I can also not find it on our site. I would still recommend trying a manual update just to cover all our bases. You can find files and steps here: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help Try this out and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.