Cannot Download DLC

I'm attempting to download the latest DLC for Call of Duty Black Ops II (Apocalypse). I am a Season Pass holder and have succeessfully downloaded all previous DLC.

The first oddity is the selection menu on the in-game store menu.  Upon selecting my other DLC content, I would be provided with a menu which has four selctions: Overview, (Map Pack Title), Confirm Purchase, and Cancel.  However, when I select the Apocalypse Map Pack, it now shows five selections: Overview, Apocalypse, Apocalypse, Confirm Purchase, Cancel.  For some reason, it is showing the Apocalypse Map Pack twice in this selection menu.  I should also note that in the Overview tab, it shows a total required space of 3.96 GB, which is twice the amount needed for the Apocalypse Map Pack (1.8 GB).  I've attempted this in different menus, including Zombies Menu, Multiplayer Menu, and various pop-up menus that ask me to download the content, all with the same results.

When I select 'Confirm Purchase', I am met with the following Xbox Live error message:

"Sorry, something went wrong. If you're trying to redeem a code, fill out your account's billing info and try again. If you're trying to watch a video, either the file is corrupted or we don't recognize the format.

Find more info by looking up status code 80070057 at www.xbox.com/errorhelp."

I then select 'OK'. Now, when I go into my Active Downloads, it shows the download has started for the DLC.  After the download gets to 99%, it drops back down to 97%. It keeps doing this for some time until a message finally appears saying "Cannot Download".  

I'm attempting to download this content onto my hard drive which still has over 250 GB left on it.  The region that I live in is California.

I've checked the forums as well as the suggestions on this website and have done the following to no avail:

Double checked and confirmed my billing info

Canceled the download.

Deleted the content from my hard drive.

Cleared the system cache.

Turned off the console for 1 minute, then restarted it.

Attempted re-downloading from download history.  (The item does not appear in my download history).

Performed speed test as suggested.  My results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2964753115.png

Unplugged my modem and router. Waited 1 minute. Plugged in Modem. Allowed all lights to appear.  Plugged in Router. (I'm using a Wired connection to my Xbox from my router).

I only play this game for the Zombies mode, so when I attempted to go into the Multiplayer menu today to access the store from there, I found that I needed to download Nuketown 2025 in order to proceed.  I went to the store and downloaded Nuketown 2025 with no problems whatsoever.  I have a strong feeling that my main problem lies with the double Apocalypse tabs on my Map Pack selection menu.  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'll continue browsing the forums to see if any else has come across this issue.  

-Chism 42

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

There has been some problems with the marketplace as a whole the last few days.

Microsoft is working to resolve all the problems and have everything functioning as soon as possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Chism,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your DLC, it definitely sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting on this one.

From what you've described it sounds like the marketplace data you have might be corrupted or possibly your hard drive is trying to read the codecs in a weird format. There are a couple other things that I would suggest trying:

First, try these steps in this exact order:

• Delete any of those DLC that you have
  • Delete the Season Pass
  • Clear your system cache - 3 times
  • Delete your marketplace system data
    1. On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.
    3. Select System Items.
    4. Select Marketplace System Data.
    5. Select Delete.
  • Restart your console
  • Download your profile
  • Download the Season Pass
  • Download the DLC from the in-game menu

If that still gives you that same error code, then I would try downloading to a USB drive:

1. Delete the DLC and Season Pass
  2. Clear your system cache
  3. Turn off your console
  4. Remove your hard drive
  5. Insert a USB drive
  6. Download your profile
  7. Download the Season Pass
  8. Try downloading the DLC

Let us know how those work for you or if you're getting the same error code. That will help us narrow down where the root of the issue might be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, both Springer ATC and Mister Fizzle.  I'm assuming this was just a marketplace issue.  I was able to log in this morning and download the DLC with no problem today.  The previous oddity of the DLC appearing twice under the selection menu has disappeared.  I was able to confirm purchase and download the Map Pack as normal.  Thanks again.

-Chism 42

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear it Chism42!

Game on! And let us know if you have any other questions. =)

Sorry this didn't help.