Cannot buy points from XBOX live store

I am unable to buy points from XBOX live store. I have created my XBOX live account in India, and the account is an Indian account. I have registered two credit cards in good standing that use an Indian address, but when I try to buy with them, I get the error that the transaction didn't go through. I have also tried registering an Indian debit card but it doesn't even let me register a debit card in an Indian account.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

-A

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

im having this problem aswell since  yesterday, i cant purshase MS points, same card mesage than u, and im using the same card with wich i usualy purshase points

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi guys, try purchasing them from xbox.com as for some reason there is a problem with buying them of the console at the moment! i am looking for more imformation! I hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, A. What error message are you encountering when you attempt to purchase points? Are you doing this via Xbox.com? If so, can you try making the purchase with you Xbox 360 console and let me know what error message you see? Thanks in advance!

axel2024, Can you please create a new thread for us? Be sure to include a full description of your situation as well as the error code you are seeing and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be better able to help you in your own thread. Thanks very much!

Sorry this didn't help.

Purchases can be made via xbox.com at the moment Mr Darcy but NOT via the console. having quite a few people contacting about this. Give the xbox.com method a try AndyChance and let us know! :) Have a good day

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to buy both on the xbox.com site and the console - in both cases, I got an error. On the xbox.com site, the error I get is "Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option".

Sorry this didn't help.

BTW, I cannot type more than the size of my last message here (from chrome browser on a mac) - is that a feature or a bug? Also, I am using chrome browser on a mac to access xbox.com - is that a possible problem?

Sorry this didn't help.