Cannot buy anything or add Microsoft point.

Hey. I am unable to buy anything on the market place or add Microsoft points to my account. I have tried 4 different credit cards with 2 different banks. I get the message "Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one." I called xbox support a bunch of times and they said they cannot make any changes to my account. Then they hang up. I got one guy to not hang up on me and he finally suggested coming here and making a post. Something on my account seems to be locked to prevent me from purchasing anything. I need this account for my job. It's important that I can buy stuff with my account. Is there anyone here who has the ability to help with this? Gavin Free

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This comes directly from service agreedment (TOU)

"You agree that the Services are only for your personal use, and you will not use the Services, any content available on the Services, or your account, for any commercial purpose."

You say you use this account and purchases for some "JOB" - this is normally not allowed.

For exceptions you can only contact the support directly

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is possible your account has a billing violation on it.

-

This would prevent you from purchasing anything on the console or even redeeming prepaid codes. To check this, visit https://billing.microsoft.com.

-

If you have a past-due balance, you can pay it off here or by contacting phone support support.xbox.com/contact-us.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Gavin (big fan btw; got my AH slap bands on as I type this)!

The Twitter team gave us the heads up on this so I went and checked with them to make sure this is being handled. They've got everything escalated to the proper teams and I know they're actively working on getting everything sorted now. I know this is an inconvenience, especially when you use it so often for work. Seriously big thanks for being so patient while we try to get it worked out.

If the Twitter team doesn't get back to you tomorrow and/or you have any questions feel free to post here again or send me a PM and we'll get an update for you.

Keep being awesome. FISH! 

Sorry this didn't help.