cancelled my pre order for sure!

Can't believe how we are being force fed the new wheels when I already have a Forza branded wheel sitting at home that I use to play f....  Forza4 . I have canceled my pre order xbone and forza5 le thanks alot Microsoft  . Thank you sony for supporting my forza branded wheel on your systems  ps3 and ps4 oh yeah also on the pc. Way to go Microsoft. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Never put a pre order cause I was waiting for this shoe to drop. Had a feeling it was not going to be good news. I may pick up a PS3 when the price drops out and see what Gran Turismo is all about. We also have Project CARS to look forward to on the 360. Lots of things to choose from that will work with our Forza branded wheels, just not Forza 5, what a shame!

Agree with you

Sony got no racing games at launch/1st quarter 2014 and PCars switched over to XB1... just saying...

Source for Project CARS switching to Xbox One? I don't believe they could make the switch, they've been developing the game for the 360 for the past 2 years. *Maybe* they got their hands on an Xbox One development kit and didn't tell everyone, but I am not seeing that they switched on a quick google search.

And I said PS3, not PS4, which has GT5 and will have GT6 and Project CARS.

I still can't believe people actually believed the 360 controllers/wheels would actually work with a next gen console.

A Fanatec wheel is not just a 360 controler. Go read on google or somthing. Ever heard about firmware?

I think expecting the issue of Fanatec compatibility on XBOX One to be solved by a firmware update is misplaced hope. The wireless technology is different. The programming for the wheels is different. The integration with controllers and Kinect is different. In my opinion there are simply too many changes coming on the XBOX One to ever expect that current gen wheels are going to work.

...and if they do come up with a solution to make them work, I suspect that the performance of current-gen wheels on the next-gen systems will be less than what we're used to today (since there will be a new link in the chain to interface the current gen wheel with the next gen console)

I don't think it is too much to expect, the wheel already works over USB on PC and PS3. If the Xbox 1 has a USB port why would it be *impossible* for programers to make a patch? If not at launch than some time down the road.

[quote user="WaitnBleed 907"]

I don't think it is too much to expect, the wheel already works over USB on PC and PS3. If the Xbox 1 has a USB port why would it be *impossible* for programers to make a patch? If not at launch than some time down the road.

[/quote]

Has anyone posted stuff like this over on Fanatec's website?

New Console all new stuff......Just Saying