Canceling a selected objective

Okay.  This may be obvious but I couldn't figure it out.  Anyone know how to cancel a selected objective that gives you the best path?   I know I can change the objective or switch to a squad mate, but how you clear it completely?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You mean the spawn locations?

I think he's talking about the yellow "line" thing that guides you on a path.....I am curious too, I have no idea how I even activated it....lol

Bird:  Nope.  In the game, if you hit the back button, you'll open up a radial menu where you can select objectives or squad mates.  When you select an objective, it puts down a path to follow.    What I can't figure out, is how to turn that path off without changing objectives.  I want it so I have no objectives selected.

Didn't know that.

I would just follow the mini icon in-game and spawn with team mates.

Is the path the shortest route to the objective?

I assume it's shortest path.  And it is contextual, so it does update if you choose not to follow it or deviate.   It's sometimes nice to get your bearings, but I find it can get distracting.

i believe you simply select an empty space on the objectives dial. have to double check in a bit (sons watching blues clues on the box atm lol)

[quote user="ToXiC TEKNO"]

i believe you simply select an empty space on the objectives dial. have to double check in a bit (sons watching blues clues on the box atm lol)

[/quote]

I'll give it a try again tonight.   I thought I tried that, but bullets may have been flying at my head.  

I tried selected "empty" position on the radial wheel, but no luck.  I'll offer my 2 cents to the beta feedback site.  Who knows, maybe they'll listen?

I haven't tried this (at work), but what about selecting the objective a second time? Maybe that will cancel it.

I tried that and it didn't work.  But I ultimately solved the problem by not using the feature.  ha