Can't use my account balance and Paypal to purchase a game

Hi, i'm currently trying to purchase Tomb Raider by using my account balance and Paypal, since my accoun doesn't have enough money to buy it. 

The trouble is that i keep getting this error about "go to account.live.com" or choosing another payment method. 

I recently purchased Wolfenstein 3d with my account balance but when it comes to buy TR nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 462 Applies to:

Hi Jeruva, apologize about the confusion.  My last purchase required to have me use one of my cr.cards.  When I went in to buy, an selected which cr.card, the next screen that popped up was a, do you want to use your microsoft balance first an then the rest to you cr.card.  Is this the same for the use of PayPal?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have more than enough in either one of the accounts to make the purchase?

If you're trying this via the web marketplace, could you try it again on the console?

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it popped up a new screen about using the account balance and i accepted, this was with paypal.

The paypal account doesn't have enough money to make the purchase by its own, that's why i'm triying to use the Microsoft balance.

This means that i have to use my Microsoft balance and pay the rest with paypal. But it keeps telling me that i having an account problem and need to go to account.live.com. I already check my info, don't know what to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

So if I understand correctly, it let you choose (on Xbox 360?) first PayPal and then the ability to use account balance as well (it will empty Microsoft Account first) in order to make up the total, but after doing so says you have an account error?

I would point you towards https://commerce.microsoft.com. Check the info there too and make sure the billing information (like address, region) are correct.

If you are still seeing errors you should get in touch with Phone Support, support.xbox.com/contact-us

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.