Can't use debit card as payment option?

I tried updating my billing info with a debit card from mastercard today and it won't allow me to use it, I keep gettig the "Unable to authorize" and it says my address is wrong. The problem is, there's no billing address on the card.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If it's a debit card, the associated address should be the address your bank has on file. It might be that the card is not authorized for online/reoccurring charges.

Another thing to consider is that when adding a card, Microsoft sends a 0$ authorization to your bank. They might be reading the 0 as an undetermined charge. Some banks will automatically reject that since they can't confirm the amount is in your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello

Billing address is your address

Change your account name, address, phone number, or email

1. Go to Billing Account Information and sign in with the Microsoft account (email and password) that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

Note If you don’t know your Microsoft account sign-in or password, see Find your Microsoft account.

2. Click profile, then click edit profile.

3. Make changes to your billing account information and click Save.

Sorry this didn't help.

You need to figure out what the address is or contact your bank and make one. You can also try making a paypal account and try it that way. It may not ask you for the address.    Here is how to make a paypal account if your interested.  support.xbox.com/.../use-paypal

Sorry this didn't help.