Can't Purchase/add points because of "unothorized paiement option"

hi everybody,

I get this week end a Xbox360 in occasion. I have created my xbox live account today and I tried to purchase some games on the XBLA.

for that, I linked my Paypal account to my Xbox live account and I tried to purchase some MS points. unfortunatelly, both on the console and on the website, I have this error message :

"impossible to authorize the selected paiement option. select an other paiement option or add a new one"

(it is the traduction in english of my message in french, so it may be differ a little with the "official" message, but it's the global idea).

after that, I removed my paypal account and tried again, but the same message appeared, both on website and on my console again. So I try to enter my credit card, but it didn't work too, and I received the same message... finally I tried to link for the third time my paypal account after verification of all my personnal informations, but once more, I received this message.

I precise that my paypal account and my credit card work perfectly. I have not any problem with my bank and I made some purchases on ebay with paypal these last weeks and it worked perfectly.

hoping you will be able to help me,

regards,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried adding just the Paypal account to LIVE, or multiple methods? Do you get the same error for all methods?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.