can't purchase family membership

i am unable to purchase a family membership.  keep getting this message on my computer when trying to purchase:  This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support.  when i try to purchase from the xbox i get error code: 80190821.  I've tried with three different payment methods includling paypal and get the same message/error each time.  my son just purchased points with the primary cc yesterday and it worked fine.  why is it that buying points goes through but buying membership doesn't.  i even called xbox live and was on the phone with them for an hour and 20 minutes and they couldn't even help me.  please, help!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello, please try and check this post out: forumsarchive.xbox.com/.../ShowPost.aspx. It's quite possible that your account could be locked, I suggest contact XBOX Support back and get directed to the billing department and see if there is actually a block on the account and if they can remove it for you. As reading through that thread the majority of those people actually had that issue with this same status code.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

to be really honest, i can't really tell what that person did.  it sounded like they had an old machine and then bought a new machine.  i have two kids with xbox's of their own.  each has his own xbox live account.  they both purchase points all the time.  in fact, once yesterday and once today and those charges went through just fine.  for some reason, the crazy renewal won't work.  i've now created my own xbox live account (and i don't play xbox).  i've signed up for a free account and tried to purchase a family membership for myself and i get the same frustrating message and error code.  it won't even let me purchase a one month membership.  i am completely dumbfounded that the xbox live support team cannot resolve this and just left me hanging with no solution other than to try again.  i don't think if i come back tomorrow or next week, the outcome will be any different.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.