Can't purchase anything with card, can't use a different card.

Hi. When I try to purchase something I get the error 'Can't authorise selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one.' When I choose to change payment methods I click the one I want and get a pop-up with 'There's a problem with Xbox Live Marketplace. please try again later. Status Code: 8C010003' I have deleted market cache, system cache, I have left it a week (I first tried on Saturday 26th November. The night before I was able to purchase Microsoft Points perfectly fine). It also gives me errors doing it via the Marketplace website. I have enough money in both accounts to pay for this. I don't have any outstanding billing issues, as I checked the billing site. What can I do? I have 190MSP spare and I was thinking of getting something cheap to test if Microsoft Points let me download things, but if it does I don't want to be stuck with something I don't want. If it makes any difference, I just got a new console (GOW3 limited edition one), second hand from eBay. I don't know if that matters? And I can't transfer licenses as I did that a week or so before I bought it as I didn't realise I was going to buy it. Any advice?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

that error code refers to a problem with a credit card on the account. make sure you delete any old cards from your account if you have any and try again.  if you get a cant authorize message it means theres some type of problem with that card.

alternative solutions would be pick up prepaid cards.  if you dont wish to go out, try amazon.com and search the type of card youd like and select the digital download version, that way they email you the code shortly after purchase

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please check time stamps before posting in unanswered threads. Remember that threads that have had no activity for one month will be locked if bumped, and no XP awarded. Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.