Can't play xbox original game on my 360

I have an XB0X 360 4GB S Model that I just installed a 250GB HDD (Microsoft OEM), and cleared the system cache to force a download of the system software.  However I still can not get Star Wars: Battlefront II using the disc, or any other game to play. 

I still get the same message "The game couldn't start.  Try downloading the game again. "

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You are getting this error with every Original Xbox game you try to play? Which other games are you trying? Do these games work in other consoles? Also, where did you get your HDD from?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also tried Battlefront I, Star Wars Lego I & II, and The Incredible's.  Yes the games still work in my old original Xbox.  The HDD I bought on Amazon and it came in authentic Microsoft packaging that was unopened.  I was able to load a game on to it so it appears to be operating fine.  

Sorry this didn't help.

To be clear the game I loaded to the HDD was a XBOX 360 game

Sorry this didn't help.

So no real good answer yet, and I'm a little frustrated with the support.  I basically go out and spend good money from a reputable source to purchased a Microsoft OEM HDD so I can play some of my old XBOX games.  From my point of view I did everything right now and still can't get it to work.   I'm looking for a little support from Microsoft on this one which I did get a good initial response but no follow through...  There has to be an easier way to do this.

Sorry this didn't help.

there is STILL the possibility that even though you bought that drive from amazon.com does not mean it is NOT a fake drive.  I have seen fake drives that are 100% authentic looking inside and out that were still fake (my buddy bought one).  did it have any MS holographic stickers on it (drive or box)?  I would return it and get it from sites like best buy.com or wal mart.com etc.

Sorry this didn't help.