Can't play skyrim on new xbox

Recently I got a new xbox, Im assuming it's an Xbox 360 S because I can't find another that has a 250GB hard drive. It worked perfectly compared to my last xbox which developed a disc reader issue and could read a game after about an hour or two of reading the disc. I played Fallout: New Vegas on it fine for a few days, then I decided to try playing Skyrim for the first time on this new xbox. It originally didn't read at all, then I open/close tray and it goes to a black screen. Restart the xbox and it goes straight to the black screen again, followed by an update so I thought it would be working now, until it closed without updating at all and went back to the dash board and disconnecting me from xbox live. Any ideas what the issue is here? Is it the new xbox or the skyrim disc? Which is also relatively new (which for skyrim means under 70 hrs of play time).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Well, since you are not getting a disc-read error, I believe that the problem is arising from the Xbox. You should go ahead and clear your Xbox's cache, and then install the update for Skyrim. Go ahead and check out this link for steps on clearing your Xbox 360's cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="MrAnnihilator96"]

Well, since you are not getting a disc-read error, I believe that the problem is arising from the Xbox. You should go ahead and clear your Xbox's cache, and then install the update for Skyrim. Go ahead and check out this link for steps on clearing your Xbox 360's cache

[/quote]

If this doesn't work, I would recommend maybe trying another disc if you know someone with a copy of the game just to confirm the issue is not with the disc

Sorry this didn't help.

Fallout works but skyrim dosent? Sounds like there might be somthing wrong with the game. Try playing another copy of skyrim. One that you no works

Sorry this didn't help.

Just out of curiosity, did you transfer games saves over to the new Xbox? Did you also transfer the licenses for your games? If not, give that a shot. Here are the steps.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Sorry this didn't help.