Can't play recently downloaded games and demos

I recently had to clear my cache because I kept getting an error message while downloading an update. That worked for that problem, but now I'm getting error messages for all the game and demos I've downloaded since. I'm getting everything from "could not launch game. Please download again" which i tried several times, to something along the lines of "content has move from its , to "this disc is unreadable , clean the disc with a soft cloth etc.." which i got for Costume Quest 2 (an XBLA game....) I've deleted my profile, cleared my cache again, downloaded my profile, and still getting these messages. Help... I'm getting seriously frustrated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I also get the "clean Disc" error from the Dragon Age Jaws of Hakkon DLC but only when I try to load that area

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Install your game if it's on disc. If it's not, make sure you don't have any corrupted downloads on your HDD. For some reason unknown to me, the Xbox OS loves to freak out when there's an unfinished download on your drive. Because download managers is something they've never heard of? :V

If that still doesn't work, try moving a game that you can replicate the issue with to a USB stick along with your profile. Take your HDD out. If it works then, then the issue may be that your HDD is starting to fail...which is not good. So yeah.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did most of that already. It's all downloaded content. Nothing on disc. I have the 250gig slim so my HDD is internal... I tried moving those games to a USB drive and got and error, but in my rage I forgot to transfer my profile as well. I'll give that a shot now. All previous Dl'd games before that update incident work fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried moving them along with my profile. Profile moved no problem, yet games got the message "Cant perform action. There was a problem performing that action." Could it have something to do with the Preview Program?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seeing that you are in the preview program and the issue could come from there, you might try posting your issue in the preview forum.  forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.