Can't play original xbox games

I just installed a 320 gig hard drive & can't play original xbox games. I've reinstalled the updates from xbox live. I've cleared the cache. The orig xbox games I've tried are compatable with my 360s. The disks are in new condition. When the disks load, the screen says to download them again. I've installed & played xbox 360 games on the hard drive so I know that's working. Is there something else I should be doing?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Are you 100% sure the game is backwards compatible?

Sometime only the NTSC version is compatible when the PAL one isn't and vice-versa.

Also I seen a post recently about someone who also had problems getting backwards compatibility to work.

He fixed it by formatting the hard drive. Although you should back up all your saves to the cloud or a USB stick before doing that as formatting deletes everything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, if you already tried all the suggestions in the thread below

-

forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx

-

then it may well be that your hard drive is not a genuine Microsoft hard drive. Where did you purchase the drive? Amazon and eBay are usually the places where these non certified drives are sold.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

So long as your hard drive came in similar packaging to what's shown then you should be fine [View:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418CeAuR1nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg] If the games aren't working make sure they are on the compatibility list. support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games If they still don't work then try the first step on here support.microsoft.com/.../en-us

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.