Can't play on BRAND NEW WP8 phone

I bought my daughter a brand new Lumia 820 to replace her broken WP7 phone. She's had a Zune music pass for over a year and loves it. I sync'd her phone to her Windows 7 laptop and downloaded her music to the new phone with the WP Desktop app. When she tries to play a music pass song on her phone it gives an error that says she has exceeded the number of devices on her account. I logged her into xbox.com and went to manage devices for Xbox music and it lists her old WP7 phone. When I tried to remove it, it gives me an error that says I can only remove one device every 30 days.

What am I missing? Why is her old phone listed in the new service? She doesn't have Win8 or an xbox console, this is the first time trying the new service. How am I supposed to escalate this error...there's no contact info anywhere on xbox.com for music device issues (I tried the Ambassador Chat service, but they told me it was for xbox console only).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sorry, I meant only two devices every 30 days, not one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Sam,

You'll want to get a hold of the Chat support team for Zune Music Pass, they should be able to reset the devices. You can start that Microsoft Support chat from our Contact Us page for Zune Pass.  If the issue is with Xbox Music, specifically, you can start an official Microsoft Support chat on our Contact Us page for Xbox Music Pass

Start the chat, and let them know your situation.  They should be able to take it from there.

Let us know what you find out.  Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.