Can't Play my Game on Demand offline?

I recently purchaced a game and have enjoyed playing it but today I have gone to play on it and its loaded as normal then I have been disconnected from live as soon as the game loads and have received a pop up message saying "Disconnected From live, reconnect to continue. 10 Minuites remaining" . Why do I need to be connected to Live to play a full 360 game that I have payed for.

Please Help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

What game is it you are having trouble with?

I have no trouble playing my Games on Demand (Mass Effect, Lego Star Wars TCS and Burnout Paradise) offline.

Did you perhaps buy this game on another console? If so you'll need to do a license transfer. Simply sign in on your console, press the guide button and go to the Settings blade, here pick Account Management. On this new screen you will see the license transfer option.

Follow the instructions and soon the licenses will be transferred.  Then just set the game to download again, don't worry about the download time as because the game is already on your hard drive all that will be grabbed is the new license file.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No. This happens to me as well. I'm having the same problem. Did I rent the game or pay for it? Do I need to call my credit card company and let them know I've been had or what?

I payed for it. I should be able to play it whenever, wherever. I didn't click "Rent game". I clicked "Buy game". It's mine. Let me play it as I please. Not whenever you allow me to. I NEVER agreed to that prior to purchasing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! Hopefully I can clear things up a bit regarding content licenses. That is technically what you are purchasing on the service: a license. This license comes in two parts:

Console License: Anyone on the console the content was originally purchased on can play the console at any time
Profile License: The purchasing account can play the content on any console as long as they are logged into LIVE.

If you purchased this content on another console, you can simply do a license transfer to your primary console and it should clear up this issue of needing to be online. Let me know if that helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

So I liscense transfered with myself cause I was curious on what it was and now I can't play any on demand games offline. I also only have one Xbox 360 Slim. How will I be able to fix the problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, HayabusaDubstep! I'm very sorry to see any issues playing your games offline. After you a license transfer is down, you will need to redownload all of your games to be able to play them offline. This thread is almost 4 years old. If you need further assistance after downloading your games again, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.