Can't Play My Burnout Paradise

So, my copy of Burnout Paradise (purchased from the Marketplace as a Download) is giving me a "Can not launch Burnout Paradise error". I did read the stickied thread for issues like this, however, my issue can't be solved by those methods. The game was purchased on a separate profile when I was locked out of my primary profile because the card on it was expired. Long story short, I now have a new Xbox, I can't sign into the other profile to delete and re download it because at some point, I changed my Windows LIVE ID on the account and I have no clue what on earth I changed it to because I figured it was so long ago. Is there any way I can get my game working?Microsoft will not tell me the Windows LIVE ID on the account (because I can't supply the name on the account or the security question because I BS'd the name and have no idea what the security questions answer is) At this point, if nothing can be done, then I'm requesting that Microsoft refund me the 1600 MS points I paid for the game because I cannot use the content I paid for.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Have you tried the License Transfer?  If it's a new console and lost the ID from the previous account, that game is gone.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did replace the console, but I've played it on this console before, so there's no reason why it shouldn't work now. And as I stated before, I can't License Transfer it because I can't access the account. Microsofts annoying update that forces you to input your ID and Password when signing into a profile online for the first time. Without the ID, which MS refuses to give me, I cannot License Transfer it. If the game is gone, then I definitely will be pursuing a refund of the 1600 MS Points I spent to buy it because I can no longer play it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there

You will need to dig up the login/pass for the old account and if it has been suspended, you will need to contact billing and have it reinstated. Once this is done, you will need to recover the account and do a license transfer on the console to be able to play Burnout Paradise or any content purchased with that old account.

The content might not work if you have license transferred it to another console or if the account has been locked for some reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

sorry you will not get a refund it is up to you not MS to keep your contact info and log in info to date.  if you cannot verify you are the account holder than they will not be able to help you.  so if you do not have your log in info for the account that bought that game your only option is to buy it again sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

I will get a refund then because it seems there is no other option available

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, after a little bit more teeth gnashing, I did manage to figure out what email was on the account. For some reason, when I tried the email in the past, it directed me to another account instead of the one it should have been on. After some recovering and figuring out passwords, I straightened it all out and as I type this, I'm making sure all my licences are copacetic so I can play my Burnout Paradise again. All's well that ends well I suppose.

Sorry this didn't help.

Really glad you've been able to get this sorted, Dark3nd Av3ng3r. Happy gaming to you!

Sorry this didn't help.