can't play in my world now..

I just got a minecraft update about an hour ago and now when I try to log into my game it says "connection to the server was lost." exiting to the main menu.

what do i do now.  I've got about a thousand hours of work put into that world.   anybody know how to fix this issue?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="BigDaddyLuke48"]

What do I do now? 

[/quote]

Live! Live your life, BigDaddyLuke48! Live it like tomorrow isn't going to come. Go outside. Smell some stuff while you're out there, too. 

[quote user="Moshed Brotatoe"]

I've seen a few threads about this.
Even so thats pretty lame on the developers part to force silvers to have to play it offline, I mean it could at least given them a single-player/local option like almost every other game in the world. 

[/quote]

Late response but, noone is being FORCED to do anything. It's a bug and has been in the process of being worked on since the update. There's even a matchmaking service alert that informs everyone of it here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

"4/8/2013 6:42:59 AM PDT:

Are you a Silver member experiencing problems when attempting to load saved games in Minecraft? We’re aware of this issue and working to fix it as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience! When we get more information we will update you."

every update comes with bugs but fear not.Mojang and 4J will get these worked out and get your game running .

I've seen a few threads about this.
Even so thats pretty lame on the developers part to force silvers to have to play it offline, I mean it could at least given them a single-player/local option like almost every other game in the world. 

I guess I'll have to be offline to use it at all for now...  Yes, the non-live users in the house seem unaffected. Ack!

[quote user="BootstrapGolem"]

yeah, found the "answer" right after posting. basically silvers have to turn off the internet to play the game now.

[/quote]I'm sure they will fix it.

yeah, found the "answer" right after posting. basically silvers have to turn off the internet to play the game now.

This or this may help.

I found them here.

i'm getting the same problem. and when i start a new world i can't get into the new world after quitting out.

Start over.