Can't play games on Windows 10

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I can't play any game I have installed since Windows 7. When I open a game, there's only sound, no image. I tried to change resolution and update the graphics drivers but they won't work. How can I fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same issue! Waiting with you for an answer.

Whenever I start a game I hear it sounds, but I see only black monitor, after a while I see the in-game cursor...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It works but its laggy as heck!!!

&

I've got the highest tier internet package........

??????

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an issue with online games, not sure if it's xbox or not. The game will load and seem to be playing normally and all of a sudden the clock freezes and some times get load timeouts and time issue type errors. Sometimes it will free up for a minute and continue but steadily get worse until it just stops responding. I made sure I have the latest Flashplayer from Adobe, uninstalled it once and reinstalled it. Same issue is there. It seems to happen in all games and some are worse than others. Sure would love to have a fix for this as I would prefer to stay with Windows 10, but I will return to Win 7 if something doesn't change soon...... HELP!

Sorry this didn't help.

I just finished working a jigsaw puzzle on jigsaw world that took me more than 4 and a half hours over a three day period to complete. Normally it would have taken about 2 hrs or less. All this delay was due to hangs and poor response time. Is anyone really addressing this problem. I've checked all my updates, drivers, etc. and everything says it's current. Spider solitaire games take forever also, due to clock stopping and system hangs.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, same here with Minecraft it keeps giving me a crash error because of Windows 10 not supporting OpenGL hopefully they get a fix out soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I bit the bullet and went back to Windows 7. I got tired of fighting the system hangs and performance issues in Windows 10 and no one seemed to be working on the problem or if they were, they weren't communicating with users. I'll follow the forums for xbox users and also for Win 10 and when it's looks like there is a resolution then I'll do the upgrade again. Until then I'll continue right along with Win 7. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got an email from the microsoft about whether I got an answer to my problem or not. Well I guess the above  reply from S A Jabbar is an answer but certainly not a resolution. . I went to xbox forums and if you follow the trail of the messages below and an their forum you'll see that it is unanswered there. I still have not reloaded my Win 10 on this specific machine and am considering upgrading to Win 10 on a less critical machine. The issue may not even be a problem with Windows 10, but someone needs to address it so that I'll know what to fix. My laptop works fine on Win 7 but performance is lousy on Win 10.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys... Just wondering.

Since going to Windows 10, did you put in Windows 8 or 8.1 drivers (if windows 10 drivers unavailable)??

If not, that may be causing a lot of your problems. It's best to put all new drivers (chipset on up) to be sure they aren't the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Today is the first time I have checked on this issue since my last post, Aug 20, and I don't see anything that says this issue has been addressed. Since going back to Win 7 I have not had any problems and see no reason to upgrade. Unless I get some response from someone telling me they have a resolution I probably won't be checking back here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Upgrade your graphics drivers from the vendor's official website, not Windows Update or Device Manager.

Sorry this didn't help.