Can't play Forza 4 demo

Downloaded the demo a few days ago and it worked great. I played it a lot. Loaded it up yesterday and it's only showing a rolling demo. The buttons that start the game are disabled. I tried it on another console with the same profile and it worked fine. My Xbox appears to be banned from playing it.

To test this I put my profile on a key, took it to another console. Downloaded the demo on that console and played it with the same gamer profile... worked fine. Took the key back to my original xbox and it only works as a rolling demo.

I've search all over and can't find anyone else having the same issues. I've tried deleting and re-downloading, clearing the cache, and posting on the Forza forums... No success, please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

What do you mean it shows a "rolling demo"? Is is going to a "press start" type of screen, and it won't respond to button presses? Have you tried a different controller on your console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It play the Forza promotional video then goes to the title screen with the A/B button choices. Neither A/B do anything anymore. All worked fine for days beforehand. The title screen is still animated with the image changing as it should, it stays there for a min or so then goes back to playing the video again. I've tried another controller but still the same.

I've also tried another gamer profile from my family account on the same machine but it was the same.

Sorry this didn't help.

O M G

Found out eventually what was making the game unresponsive....

I had tried another gamepad, like I said and that didn't fix it... It took me getting all gamepads and switching them on to find out that the game was only responding to the player 3 pad. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Sorry this didn't help.