Can't Play downloaded Mass Effect.

My wife and I recently purchased the newer Xbox 360, the one that's compatible with Kinect with the built in Wi-Fi. So we both transferred our Xbox Live accounts over to the new system. Next we proceeded to go through our download history and started downloading and installing all of our purchased content from our previousXxbox. This is where it gets confusing.

I go to play Mass Effect. My wife had purchased it on her previous xbox and it is conncted to her XBL account. She can play it fine when she is online with her profile. But when I log onto my profile with a different gamrtag. I can't play the game. Which is strange because I have purchases linked to my gamertag that she can play on her account. The example being Vigilante 8 for Arcade.

And just in case this is an issue with non arcade games, my wife has also purchased Fable 2 on her account, but that is a game I can play just fine if I log into my profile.

So long story short. Is this something that only occurs with certain games because of licensing issues or am I just not taking the proper steps to play the game.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Redownloading games can re-sync the licenses for some games, but you would need to do a license transfer to fix the issue on all content. http://xbox.com/drm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just an extra note that you can now do the license transfer on your console alone, something the link provided above does not mention.

Sign in with the account whose licenses you want to transfer. Press the Guide button on your controller and go to the Settings Blade and pick the Account Management option.

Now on the new screen pick the bottom option of License Transfer. Here in a few clicks the licenses will be transferred to your new console and you'll be asked to download things again to refresh the license. Don't worry about a lengthy download, if the items are already on your hard drive then all that will be grabbed is the new license file.

Simply repeat the above for each profile.

Quicker and simpler than involving the web-based tool in the process. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.