Can't play downloaded game

My friend came over and he had bought Just Cause 2 from the Market Place, and we downloaded it on my Xbox 360. We can play the game on his account, but not mine. Is there something wrong with the download or will I have to buy the game also to be able to play?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

When your friend bought Just Cause 2, xbox assigned two distinct licenses to his purchase. The first was applied to his profile, which is why he could download and play the game on your console. The second license was applied to the console he used when making the purchase, which allows any user on that console play the game. Because your friend undoubtedly made the purchase on his console, the only ways you can play it, legally speaking, is if he is logged on with you or if you purchase it yourself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

" the only ways you can play it, legally speaking, is if he is logged on with you"

I am pretty sure this is really fine on the line of content sharing and may get you in a lot of trouble.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not if his buddy plays with him - that assumes, of course, that the game has coop or multiplayer. I would never suggest that somebody do something that violaes the xbox ToS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Consent is all they need in the reality of it.

Anyone can sign in as anyone so long as they have consent. That's why Unauthorized Access cases aren't treat as such if the account holder willingly gives up his/her account information. They were Authorized Accesses at that point. There's no issue, one name can not be signed into two places at once, theres no violation of TOS. But if his buddy got his account banned, c'est la vie, no one would be able to do anything about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is why you never give up your info. Bad juju

Sorry this didn't help.