can't play digital COD Ghosts

I've downloaded the game twice now. The first time it was recommended I download the game again after a couple of unreadable disc errors. I've had no problems with my console since downloading this particular games. Basically, what happens is that I play the game for a few minutes and then I get the unreadable error message and it boots me back to the dashboard. Subsequently, when I try to launch the game again, it takes a long time to launch and has soft freezes all the way to the launch screen. Is there anyway to fix?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Also...when I reboot the box it takes a long time to come to the dashboard and often times won't launch into my profile (my profiles won't even be there). Instead, it says that a system update is needed. I usually have to reboot a second time to get it to launch in to my dashboard. Again, this hasn't happened before since the digital download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same, exact problem.  I don't have any problem connecting to matches, but I can only stay in a match for a minute or so before the game crashes and I'm informed that 'The disc is unreadable.'  I'm not really sure what to do... Downloading the game a second time, hope that works...

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah..can only be in the game a minute of two before being booted. I've gone back to a backup console and trying to download it again. this time of the day..it's taking forever.

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like everything worked out for ya so GOOD LUCK and feel free to ask any more questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

well..the problem wasn't fixed as I just had to use a whole different console. do you know of a fix that would solve my original problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please realize, It's a new release....  The servers are being overwhelmed.  Give it some time....  

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day shiv3r! Sorry to hear about the download issues. You say you also see long load times at the dashboard and that your profiles are disappearing. Is that still going on?

It sounds like something might be going on with your hard drive, so let's try a few things there:

If you're still experiencing issues after that, remove your hard drive and re-download the game and your profile to a USB drive, and try playing there with the HDD still removed.

We'll get this sorted out one way or another! Let us know how these steps go, and the result of downloading it to your other console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue. Saving it elsewhere fixed it for me. My others games work fine from the HDD, but something with Ghosts does not like my HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.