Can't play Black Ops Add On's

I downloaded the Resurrection Pack 4 for my Call of Duty Black Ops game and all of the maps work fine except the moon map.  It starts to download, but then just freezes, no error message.  So I took the advice off this site to delete the add on, clear cashe and download again, which I have tried many times now with the same result, no moon.  I have since purchased a 250 internal hard drive for my 4 G Slim thinking I might not have enough memory, but this didn't work either.  Someone told me to purchase a USB flash rive and try downloading and playing it from there, but still no moon.  Could this be my wireless broadband isn't wide fast enough or too much of it is being taken up through other computers in the household?  HELP!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I don't think connectivity is the issue. But I would suggest either hard wiring your xbox to your router, or at least logging off all other devices to the internet before you try and download anything or play online.  I have my router adjusted to cap the speeds of each device connected to my internet. That way other devices don't affect my gameplay.

But again, I don't think that it's your connection. especially since its just the one map that your missing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you try downloading from Xbox.com and see if you have the same issue? marketplace.xbox.com/.../914b7c2e-d330-461f-9104-f11146be3510

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not 100% certain if it will help, but you could try deleting your profile from your HDD, download your profile from Xbox Live and then try downloading the file again.

To do so, go to the device your profile is saved on.

• Select 'Gamer Profiles' from the list and select your profile. Now select 'Delete' and you will be asked what you want to do.
  • Select 'Delete Profile Only' (Be careful NOT to select 'Delete Profile and Items' as this will delete all of your saves too!).
  • Go back to the dashboard and hit the guide button on your controller. Try to sign in and select 'Download Profile' at the bottom.
  • You'll then be asked to enter the Windows Live ID email address asocciated with your account (the one you used to sign in on Xbox.com) followed by the password.
  • Your profile should start downloading and should take a few minutes to download (depending on your connection).
  • Once done try to download  the maps again and see if it still freezes.

I can't guarnatee that it will fix the problem, but I've had issues similar to yours and this worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

try removing the add ons then downloaded again

Sorry this didn't help.

Try doing one of the following things it "might" help you.

-

Clearing the system cache: System Settings > Memory > Highlight HDD, press Y  > Clear Cache > Yes

-

Also if you have the game installed try removing it and then downloading the DLC and then installing it again.

-

Now for the xbox freezing you can try the following; Navigate to "My Xbox" on the dashboard menu (the console's main menu). > Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page. > Select "Memory" from the list of options. > Highlight the hard drive and hit Y on your controller. >  Select the option to clear the update cache and perform maintenance on the memory unit. >     Restart your xbox 360 console. This could fix the freezing of your console.

-

This are some options that you have on the matter on hand, If it doesn't resolve your issue please let me know so i can do further research into this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know a friend who had the same problem, i guess mainly it's because the disc

has some serious scratches, what i could suggest you to do is to borrow Black ops

if any of your friend's have it and then try it. If it works fine, install the game to your HDD.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try install black ops disk if it installs100% fine the disk isn't the problem.       Try borrowing a disk from a friend if it can't be installed. Then clear system cache thats all I can suggest on this problem. Hope it helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! Please note the time stamps of threads, and do not bump any threads over a month old. :) For more information, please review the sticky titled "Posting in the Forums" in the Ambassador Forum. Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.