Can't play anything from XBox Music pass on WP8/Windows 8 devices

I'm paying $9.99 for this?

So I was on a trial for the month and paid $9.99 for the XBox Music service. Now, any song downloaded through the trial gives me "Can't play: This item is no longer available, or is available only for purchase and can't be downloaded using an XBox Music Pass. Error: 0xc1010029.

I read  another post saying to delete the album and redownload but that doesn't work; same errors. Same on my Lumia 920 as well. And what's even more humorous is that Zune on my Windows 7 machine works fine. 

MS, this is ridiculous, Do you REALLY want people to leave this service and move to Spotify, because frankly, I've had it supporting you, Windows 8 and XBox Music Pass.

I hope someone can help, because this is really frustrating me, to the point that I want my $9.99 back.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 34 Applies to:

So I've been searching around some more and someone suggested removing the XBox app from the desktop and reinstall it. That is working, but my phone still will not play the songs despite deleting them and redownloading them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello gilly775,

Sorry to hear about the frustration!

In this case, you'll want to contact our chat support team at 'THIS LINK' and ask them to remove all devices that are attached to your Xbox Music Pass. Once complete, reboot your phone, download a new song to re-associate the account to the phone and give it another go.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.