Can't join multiplayer games...

As of last Wednesday, I haven't been able to join any multiplayer games.  (I've tried getting into Black Ops, Modern Warfare 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Red Dead Redmemption).  I still have a strong wireless network signal, and my console still gets a good connection to X Box Live, but I just can't join any multiplayer games.  For example, when I try to join a Core Team Deathmatch game on Black Ops, it searches for a game (it actually says something like "0/50 good games", and it scrolls from 0% to about 98%, then once it hits 98%, the number in front of the /50 starts to increase), then, instead of saying "trying to join XX potential matches", it says "waiting for the host", then it starts the "search" all over.  It does this several times, then gives me an error message that says, "Could not connect to the server.  Please try again later." or something like that.  It's very frustrating!!!  It's been going on for over a week now.  It was working just fine one day, then the next day, I just couldn't get into a game.  I've tried resetting my modem and router countless times, updated the router's firmware, changed the router's wireless channel, put the X Box in the DMZ, deleted the wireless network from the X Box then reconnected it, and I've tried all the "port forwarding" suggestions, all with no success.  I even tried connecting the X Box directly to the modem with an ethernet cable, and that didn't work either.  I'm all out of options.  Can someone please help me???  I just want to go back to being able to play online like I could up until last Wed.  Thanks!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

OK, so I've been reading some of the other threads here from people having issues joining multiplayer games (especially Call of Duty games), and I'm seeing A LOT of things about "hacked" or "modded" games, and getting banned for playing, whether you knew the game was "hacked" or not.  Now I'm kinda worried.  As far as I know, I don't THINK I've ever played in any of these "hacked" games, and I'm not getting any messages anywhere telling me that I've been banned from anything.  So can someone PLEASE help me out here???  Like I said, I just want to go back to being able to play...  Thanks!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

me too.... = \

Sorry this didn't help.

You won't find any modded games of Black Ops, at least not in public games.  CoD WaW is a different story however.  Black Ops is perfectly safe though.

There are no issues with matchmaking at the moment and no issues with Black Ops.  The problem must be with your network equipment.  Does Black Ops say your NAT is open?  Do you have any problems with any other games?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, Black Ops says "NAT Type: Open" (as does Modern Warfare 2).  And yes, I've tried to join multiplayer on other games with no luck.  Besides Black Ops, I've tried Modern Warfare 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Red Dead Redemption.  I have been able to play all of those games online in the past, but have not been able to join a multiplayer match on any of them since last week.  I plan on calling the DSL provider later today, and if THAT didn't work, I would have to try calling X Box.  But I was just hoping someone could help me out before I have to make those calls.  :-/

Sorry this didn't help.