Can't invite friends to play Minecraft

My son and his friend are connected on XBox Live.  His friend can invite him to play in his Minecraft world but my son can't invite his friend to play in his Minecraft world.  The option for game invite is grayed out.  I've checked all privacy/content settings and all are set to Friends.  Anyone know how we can enable my son to be able to invite his friend to play?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wondered if you ever got an answer on this?  We're having the same exact problem.  Pursing the forums it seems we're not the only ones.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I guess the first thing to do is check that the game is set to an online game, being connected to the internet isn't enough.

Again the privacy settings need to be checked, minecraft allows you to post pics to facebook so they have to be able to media share, not sure exactly what option that is under. If you look through and are not sure then  the best bet is to have no privacy settings to see if you can connect at all and then when you know you can, you can start adding privacy settings and check as you go.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 89 Applies to: