Can't install games to my harddrive.

When I try to install games to my harddrive it tells me the disk is unreadable. The disk is brand new and works fine if not installed. I have tried clearing my system cache but it still doesn't work. Any help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

First I would try the drive wizard here to see if that helps support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-wizard.

-

Is this happening with all games or just the one? If it is just the one game that is giving you problems it is possible you have a defective disc. It might appear to play properly but some error prevents an install. So see if you can borrow a copy and try installing it, if that works you'll have to return the game to where you bought it for a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, its pretty much every game disk. I can put them in my xbox and play them fine, but when I try to install them it just refuses to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

If that is the case then I'm afraid your console may need to go in for a repair. Info on that can be found here support.xbox.com/.../faq.

Sorry this didn't help.

Before setting up that repair, let's just ensure that the issue isn't with the HDD itself. You said you're getting that error when trying to install games, correct? If they play fine, then see if you can't borrow a friend's HDD to try on your console. With a new HDD attached, let us know if you're able to install a game.

Sorry this didn't help.