can't hear in-game voice

hello, i used to be able to hear in game chat and communicate just fine.  but ever since i have tried joining a party in Counter Strike GO, i was no longer able to.  let me describe the situation.  i set up a party so that me and a friend can play together.  but CS GO disables party chat so i get this pop up asking whether i want to disable party chat and enable in game voice.  i was auto kicked from the game nonetheless.  i gave up so ended up playing the game on my own.  well when i log into the game again, i can't hear anybody's voice.  i have checked xbox preferences to make sure my voice setting wasn't muted, but that was fine.  so i dont' know what's going on.  all i can assume is that this problem had something to do with that party chat issue, but i'm no longer attempting to play in partys.  help help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Chipz and Cola!

According to gamers on this thread party chat is disabled on this particular title.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i understand that.  the problem i am describing persists days after i have stopped joining party chat

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya its disabled so that you have to talk to your team.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chipz and Cola,

Are you experiencing this issue in all games or just CS:GO now?

Have you attempted to join another party (outside of CS:GO) or played any other games to see if your microphone is working as well as your ability to hear players is back?

If everything is working outside of CS:GO, you can try to delete the game, clear your cache, and then download the game again and see if that makes any bit of difference. 

Sorry this didn't help.

update

i think i was temporarily banned from communication for about a day.  there was a time when i joined a game in CS and my team were all french people who were all friends. i was the only US person.  they didnt like me and they vote kicked me.

when i was kicked, i sent a vulgar voice message to the guy that started the vote and it's possible that he could have reported it and i was temp banned for a day, if there is such a thing

because i can hear voice fine now

Sorry this didn't help.