Can't get Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240HDC working .

I have my tv working properly. One guide displaying properly. But the Xbox One won't change any of the channels...

Can someone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Do you use the voice command "Xbox select" to bring up the green options on the OneGuide to be able to "speak" the commands? There should be an option called "watch this channel" in green to change to that channel.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're in NYS, it's because MS has the wrong carrier data currently for TWC, they have the old data prior to the recent channel change.

Sorry this didn't help.

Jotun86, I live in NYS and this just happened this morning.  Any word if they are aware of this and how long it will take to fix this.  I say "xbox watch cbs" it will bring me in the 700's which is now NHL i think

Sorry this didn't help.

They're aware, I reported the bug a while ago, and I made a thread in here and a couple of the Mods finally realized that it's going to be a huge problem considering TWC just changed their channels in the entire state. I think they're trying to get an update from TWC because MS has the old carrier data. My guess hopefully by the end of the year, but that's just a guess. For now I've just favorited certain channels in the OneGuide and just that to skip around, mainly because the OneGuide is still faster and better than the awful UI that TWC uses.

Sorry this didn't help.

Prophet is it just that OneGuide has the wrong channels, or that the channels won't change?

PM on Groove Music, formerly worked on OneGuide, TV, and Game Streaming on Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

Whats up with this forum? How do i quote a reply. Now my box is actually functioning with my xb1. Just not properly. I can power on and off. I could also change channels.

The xb1 guide is actually spot on for the most part. Its just that when select a channel whether i say "xbox watch" or select via the one guide. 70% of the time it goes to an unrelated non hd channel. For example ESPN will go to low def channel 9.

I have the guide set to HD Only. Also what Weird is that after the xb1 changes the channel to some random low def channel. I usually grab the stb remote so that i could put it on the channel its supposed to be on. And when i pull up the stb guide. It lists  a different channel than both the xb1 guide and from the one thats actually being played on the tv.

Basically everything is out of sync.

Sorry this didn't help.