Can't get Magic 2013

I've been trying to download Magic 2013 for my kids since it became free for Gold members.  My kids were in my Family Pack (before they ended Family Packs) and when i sign into their accounts via Xbox.com it still shows them as a "Gold Family Member".  Not sure if that's relevant but here is the problem...

In the Xbox.com Marketplace, it shows "Full Game - Magic 2013" as:
Gold Exclusive Price
Free
$9.99

But when i click on "Download to Xbox 360", here is what i see...
Current balance 0 Microsoft Points
Price -1 Microsoft Points
New balance 1 Microsoft Point

Strange... Then when i hit submit, i get...
"Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened."

It appears that there is indeed a credit card on file for all of their accounts so that shouldn't be the problem.  When i try to double check and click "Change Payment Options", I get this:
"This option is restricted to the primary member of this Gold Family Pack."

So it appears that we're still in a Family Pack, although it's never been a problem before and can't imagine that this is the issue.

I searched quite a while and am usually pretty good at coming up with answers but couldn't find this specific issue addressed.  Any help would be fantastic.  I would like to get this taken care of before the free Magic 2013 offer is over!  Thank you. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Although i don't like the answer, it was what i basically figured was the case.  Thank you for confirming.

I did just wind up doing it through our main console.  The irritating part was that i already had it downloaded for my own account and wanted each of my kids in my family pack to have it, too.  However, it won't let you purchase a game on your Xbox if it is already owned by any other account on the same console.  It just has the option to "play" but not purchase.

Since i want my kids to own the game in case they ever migrate to another Xbox or move out, etc. i had to delete the game and then add it to each of their accounts and then re-download it.  Very silly. lol

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The family plan has not ended for everyone yet. (Not sure why)  if you check your account setting you will probably see the family plan still active.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, thank you. Still not sure why i can't get them this game yet, though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox.com is having troubles with downloading games. You will have to download from the console. Also the Family Pack thing  was started but did not go through for everyone all at once. Hopefully that will be cleared up soon. However the currency change DID go through so no one other than the master account holder of the Family Pack can purchase content until the migration is complete. In this case though, the problem is the website. Just download it from the console. Hope that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the jumbled text.  Line breaks never post the same way they look in the editor and it won't let me edit... grr.

Sorry this didn't help.