Can't get Burnout 3: Takedown to work!

My son purchased Burnout 3: Takedown from the XBOX Live marketplace on 12/28/11 using points he redeeemed from an XBOX Live points card he received for Christmas. When we try to play it we receive an error that says "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." Well, I did just that, and we still receive the error.

In some posts about downloadable content of original XBOX games, the question comes up about whether or not the hard drive is an official XBOX HD, or a 3rd party. I made sure to get an original XBOX HD for this very reason - to avoid problems like this. I did my research before buying it. Seems that research doesn't seem to be paying off, because we now cannot play an original XBOX game. Can anybody help?

I haven't bothered to try reformatting the drive because, to be frank, this is a very new system and the hard drive has barely been used yet. It was formatted when I installed it a couple months ago and works like a charm. This is the first time we've experienced a problem with a game on the system - disc-based or downloaded.

Thanks!

Tim

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 167 Applies to:

Hello Tim,

Microsoft hears and understands your frustration you may have with this situation. I will provide a link for you to review to make sure you have tried all the methods properly recommended.

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921272

Please let us know if these steps do not fix your situation and we will tell you your next available option.

- skyeatsart

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the quick reply, skyeatsart! I did delete and re-download the game, but still get the same error. When I navigate to the game on the hard drive, there is no yellow warning signal. What's our next option?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem...

Xbox told me to contact the game maker but I still can't get it to work

Sorry this didn't help.