Can't finish a game...

i just started playing this online 2 days ago and i have not been able to finish a game.  we get into the 1st series and lose connection everytime.  6 times last night and twice tonight.   can anyone shed some light on this?  other games are fine online.  i'm getting 10-12mbps down and 1.4 up on my connection and i'm not losing connection on the xbox or other devices when the drop occurs.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

as a rule of thumb for almost all xbox live games, if you are consistently having problems, then its probably you.

havent dropped a single game of madden, my only lost connection came in 1 of 30 or so games of fifa

Are there other things running on your network while you play?

Seems it's only happening with Madden, I tried 3 other online games last night and none dropped...VF 5 online, PGR 4 and Tetris Online.  At the time only 3 other PC were online and nothing was being downloaded.  One PC is a Windows Home Server.

i would say 3 pc's could be part of the problem.  that, and there's probably more ppl online on madden right now than there has ever been on those other 3 games

i don't think my networked pc's are the problem since the other games didn't lose connection...i know those other games have less traffic but that's all i have to compare it with.  i don't have any other new games.  i can shut down my networked pc's and try to see.  any other suggestions?  

i figured it out...i have ATT U-verse and the router they gave me is not compatible with Windows Home Server so i had to put a router behind it in my network so i could use remote access.  i had the xbox connected to the 2nd router before, when i put to ATT's router i got through a whole game so the problem is connecting through the 2nd router...but i still don't get why i didn't lose connection with any other games while connected the original way.