Can't find matches in Gears 3

Hey guys, I'm an ambassador and I keep getting this question.  I'm almost positive it has to do with the DLC getting corrupted or affecting matchmaking somehow.  Ultimately I end up telling people to delete all the map packs, clear the cache, and redownload them.  However, no one ever sticks around long enough to let me know if that actually works.  Has anyone else had this question, and if so, do you know if this solution works?

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

That may work but also make sure that the person's NAT is set to Open. Having a moderate or strict NAT can and will prevent most, if not all, lobbies and games from being seen. It will also have issues with party chat. Other than what you stated, it seems that could be the only other thing aside from trying to re-download their profile just in case. I can't think of much else that would help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think one more thing would be to download the mandatory DLC as well to find matches. It's a free pack but I don't recall the name.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, you're right Ruthless Tenjin, it's the Booster Map Pack.  Most people that ask about this don't have any problems with other online games, so I doubt it has anything to do with their NAT, but redownloading their profile was something I hadn't considered before.. I still have a feeling it has something to do with the DLC though.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have been facing the same problem and it seems there is no solution for it :-((

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, red devil jin. I've got a response out to you here: forums.xbox.com/.../1427792.aspx. Let's keep the troubleshooting focused there for now. Thank you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.