Can't download Mass Effect 1 after purchase from Marketplace.

Ok so, I just bought a 60gb hard drive and transfered all my content on to the new hard drive. I then purchased Mass Effect 1 from the marketplace and tried to download it. It stops at either 1% or 5% and then says: Can't Download Mass Effect". I have tried Deleting the partial download, Clearing the Cache, Reseating the Hard drive, A wired connection instead of a wireless, exchanging the new hard drive for a different one, formating the Hard Drive, Transfering content lisences, I tried to do the Port forwarding/triggering thing but couldn't really figure it out, and connecting my xbox dirrectly into the router. I called Support and tried everything the asked me to do, and none of that worked either. They said they are "escalating" my case and that it could take 15 days to hear back from them. I dont have that kind of time. I did not have this problem until I got the new Hard drive. Any and all help will be rewarded with virtual cupcakes. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 90 Applies to:

Sounds like you're more or less in my situation, but my downloads die at 31%. I'm pretty sure it's due to my 2wire modem. Try PFPortChecker if you haven't already to ensure that your ports are actually open.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem but in my case I receive the message afer 99,99%... Then checking the game, I can see the file is corrupted.. I already tried to download 3 times... I already clean the cache.. did everything and nothing helped...

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, everyone! Are any of you still experiencing this issue? Keep in mind that the region to which your account is registered must match the region in which you currently reside. In addition, if you do not reside in a LIVE supported region you may experience problems such as the ones you are describing. Can you guys double check your region settings and let me know if you think that might be the issue? You can see a full list of LIVE supported regions here: www.xbox.com/.../countries. Keep me posted! I'm here if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem at 37%, any and all help that can be given my those at Xbox Live support shall be greatly appreciated as I will have otherwise wasted 15 pounds on a game I can not even play. Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Knukles! I understand you are having some difficulties downloading Mass Effect 1. Is this the only game you are having trouble downloading? Have you purchased any other games recently or can you just download something else again to see if it works?

Sometimes this can be caused by a slow network connection. How many other devices are on the same network as your console? Also, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. I look forward to your response, thanks!

Everyone else: In order to provide the best possible support, we'd like you all to please create your own thread in this forum describing your issue and any steps you have already tried. Thank you for your consideration!

Sorry this didn't help.

try going to your download history or if that fails log on to xbox .com and go to buy the game and press go to queue that worked for me as when i initialy purchased the game it would not allow me to d/l agan

Sorry this didn't help.

this may seem like a weird answer but it workt for my friend before,

try deleting your profile and recovering it again if everything els fails. thats how we solved it at my friends house

friendly regards pieter

Sorry this didn't help.