Can't download GTA IV after purchasing from Xbox Live Marketplace

I've recently purchased GTA IV from the xbox live marketplace. After starting the download, I left the xbox alone for awhile because it is 6GB. After returning to check on the download about an hour later, there's an error message saying "Unable to Download, please try again later". I checked my connection, cleared the system storage cache, and everything checked out to be okay. So, I've started the download again. This time I watched it. It took about 10-15 minuets for a 9% download, then the same error message popped up. I did this 10 times (the download never breaching 9%) before calling xbox live support. After informing the rep of my situation, I asked for a refund. She recommended that I try the download again, but to do it through the purchase history, an so I did. As soon as I started the download, it took about a minute before it shot up to 24%. I was surprised and thought everything was good to go. I got my reference number before disconnecting from the rep. Again, I left the xbox to download, returning about an hour later to the same error message. Though, it told me that to download again that I have to go to the xbox live marketplace.

I have an xbox 360 slim 4GB, which was recently purchased at Walmart. Also, a 250GB HDD purchased from Walmart too. I have excellent internet connection as well.

I don't know what to do. Downloading the game would be awesome, but if I can't, could I get a refund, or ask for the physical disc?

Thanks for reading this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Try deleting the corrupted/incomplete download and clearing the cache of the console.  Then try connecting your console via ethernet cable for the download (sometimes things won't download properly from a wireless connection).  Make sure you choose the 250 gb hard drive for the download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have an extra step to that suggestion: after deleting the content, go down to System Items and delete marketplace system data / rights database then clear system cache.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.