Can't download content.

Three days ago I purchased an Xbox 360 S console to replace my Elite. I transferred all my saved games via USB from Elite to S, then deleted all the other content on the Elite (of which there was a large amount in games on demand, arcade, and add-on DLC content.) and transferred the content licences to the new S console via the xbox live website, successfully.

The first day I tried downloading to the new console I had major problems connecting to the market place (but not the rest of Xbox LIVE), this was apparently due to maintenance. The next day I had the same issues, despite the status page reporting all service up and running.

When I attempt to download anything at all, DLC, GoD content, Arcade content, it begins the download at normal speed, completes 1-3% and then suddenly stops. Most of the time with a "Download stopped" notification, when followed it simply says "Can't download this item." About 2/3 of the time I try to view the active download list I get a 80072746 error code and the continued message that "there is a problem with the Xbox LIVE marketplace, try again later". 

I have port forwarded the console on my router, the signal strength is good, http://www.speedtest.net/result/1561464828.png. I've cleared the system cache, deleted the marketplace data, deleted all partial downloads and tried again... 

The set-up with the new S console is exactly as I had it with the Elite which has worked fine for over a year. I have a lot of games I can't resume from my save files until I've re-downloaded the DLC content. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

*edit: I'm in Australia using the en-AU xbox live service. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This issue seems to have mysteriously resolved itself after 4 days. When I turned the console on this morning it simply worked.

I can only assume that the problem was some glitch in the connection between my Internet service and the Xbox LIVE marketplace.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.