Can't download Bioshock!

I recently Bioshock on marketplace since it's on sale, and wanted to play it before Bioshock Ifinite came out, but when the dowload reaches 4% it just quits.  All I get is a "Can't download Bioshock" message.   I've tried multiple times deleting the corrupted data and starting the download once more from the purchase history but nothing.  I went to another post on this topic and have tried what was recomended there: deleting the corrupted data and clearing the systems cache before trying to redownload, but nothing.  I've also tried downloading through a wired connection instead of wirelessly, but it still just refuses to download always quitting at 4%.  I've downloaded other content from the marketplace to see if was a general problem but it's just Bioshock that refuses to download.  Can someone please help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Darn, I'd send you my copy if I could, it's such a great game! Can you try deleting the corrupted content, clearing the cache, deleting your Gamertag (gamertag only, not gamertag & associated data), then redownloading your gamertag (make sure you know your email/password). Once you do this, return to your purchase history and try downloading it again. Some users have indicated that this has worked for them. Also, silly tip, but make sure you have enough memory for it to download (you probably do just making sure). Let us know if this works, if not, we can go from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the exact same problem with it stopping at 4%, i also have tried everything you mentioned to no avail.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same error here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same error here too

Sorry this didn't help.

I just tried deleting and re-downloading my gamertag and tried once again to download.  But, it still won't go past the 4% mark.  And, I still have 270 GB free on my hard drive so I know space is not the issue.  I really am out of ideas and it seems too many people have the same issue.  I wonder if it's just too much traffic on Xbox live during the sale?

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally got the game to download.  At a friends suggestion I deleted the Marketplace System Data in the System Items folder.  So if anyone else who posted on this thread wants to try this solution the steps that worked for me was:

Delete any corrupted or incomplete game data, deleted the Marketplace System Data, clear the System Cache,  restart the system, and finally re-download from Purchase History.  

And thank you Judge Bergan for attempting to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, it seems the missing step was the Marketplace System Data. Will pass this info along to others who have the issue! Thanks for writing us back and letting everyone know psicat!

Sorry this didn't help.