Can't download any updates so can't play Daily Challenges

MS Solitaire now has a mandatory upgrade, but since all installs from the Windows Store hang (as Pending), I cannot install it. This stops me from playing any Daily Challenges and is on a Surface RT running Windows 8.1 RT.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried completely turning off your tablet and then turning it back on? Usually this works for me when my tablet hangs for whatever reason. Let me know if this doesn't work and we'll try something else. =)

I'm having a similar problem. I have been trying all day to get the update completed. All I get is of "pending." I have tried everything. Reset the store, powered off numerous times. Ran the troubleshooter; it says my display driver is out of sync, so I checked that out...no, windows says my driver is current. ARG!

I had exactly the same problem as described by Manthrax00. At the end, I decided to uninstall the MS Solitaire application, and re-install. I had to do this twice during November - not nice, because I do not have unlimited internet access. Just to make things worse, I have lost all my MineSweeper history after the latest compulsory update. Now it seems that I have completed NO challenges for November. Slowly but surely I am turning into an XBOX hater.

That is strange because I thought your challenge progress was linked to your Xbox account and not dependent on local game data. SheepishGalaxy0, let me know what type of tablet you're running so I can get this reported to my team.  Just bear with me guys, I'm trying to get fixes for you as quickly as I can. =)  Thanks!

I have the same issue, cold boot doesn't work, uninstalled but cannot install again since it says Not Available. I use Windows 8.1 on Surface RT, looks like someone forgot to include RT support, please push another update ASAP

I will report this to my team ASAP so we can get this resolved. Thanks!

I can loginto my x box account on my surface rt but not into this game, keeps telling me there is an important update to install, but then no updates available ??? and if I say no to the update it still wont let me log into my account.

My problem was fixed overnight. But, now, Minesweeper is in a similar situation. Perhaps tomorrow, it will also miraculously be fixed.

When I go to play the daily challenge, I get a message about an important update. When I choose to install the update, I'm taken to the Store and get a message that there are no updates available. If I choose not to upgrade, I can't play the daily challenge. This has been going on for three days now.

I have passed this bug on to my team. Please be patient as in the United States it is the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.