Can't do a license transfer

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue but I recently got a new xbox and have been counting the days till I could do another license transfer (my last xbox broke and I transferred my content to a friends xbox as I was living with him at the time). Today is the day it say I can do another transfer but it won't let me it simply tells me the date I can do the transfer (which is today) yet won't let me actually transfer. I wonder if the license transfer is both date and time sensitive like do I have to wait till 8pm if I used it at 8pm 4 months ago....not a serious issue as I assume I only need to wait one more day but just wondering anyone else encountered this issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 102 Applies to:

Most expiration dates on things such as bans/Gold Membership/subscriptions are all time based, so I would wait until the next day if see if it works then.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So i have never done a license transfer on the account that has the DLC I need to transfer to y current account. I go to account setting and then license tansfer but then it pops up with the error "having trouble connecting to xbox live" when I am already connected. I was wondering really if you could transfer a dlc from a silver account to a gold account? and why its having problems connecting??

Sorry this didn't help.

Please don't bump old threads. It's not possible to transfer anything between accounts regardless of gold or silver status. License transfers wil only move content licenses between consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.