Can't connect to Xbox One through Smartglass on Win 8.1 Pro

I can not connect to my Xbox One through Smartglass via my Windows 8.1 Pro laptop, which is an HP G56, connected via wifi to a secured wireless connection. My Xbox One is connected to the same router, but through a wired connection. I have tried connecting my Xbox to the wifi and it still did not show up. I have also turned off wireless isolation on my Netgear WNR2000v3 router. I have made sure that I am not connected to the guest network. I have done a hard reset of my Xbox and removed the power cable for 30 seconds. I have completely turned off my firewall as well as make sure that Smartglass was added as an exception to the firewall. I have reinstalled Smartglass Xbox One version on my laptop. I can see my Xbox in my device settings on the computer. I am logged in to the correct Microsoft account, as I can see what my Xbox One is currently up to, but I just can not make a connection to it. I have tried connecting directly to the IP address while it was both wired and wireless, making sure to type the correct IP for each state. I have successfully connected my Android 4.x device to my Xbox One in the past, through the same network. The problem seems to be with my PC. I am excited to use its companion capabilities with BF4, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Also, I do not have any SDK materials installed. This is a relatively fresh install/upgrade (from win7).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.