Can't Connect To Online Games?

I recently moved, hooked up my Xbox, and expected to be able to enjoy some online gaming. Nope. I have three of four bars for internet connection, and I can't connect. It will try and connect but tells me, every single time, that I get disconnected from XBL. Could someone please tell me what is going on and what I need to do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

EDIT*

My Netflix works. It's just the online gaming.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It could be your NAT or wireless settings, if it's strict you may not be able to connect to most of the stuff so i'd  suggest to check that through your system settings, you can also check it using you mw3 disc , it will show in the lobby what is your NAT type.. If your netflix works that means your internet is fine but like i said maybe your NAT is set to strict.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, xPhazoid.  

As previously said, it may be your NAT type, this is basically the connection between your router, and your Xbox360 console. If your NAT type is moderate or strict, which may be the problem to your connection problems, here are two links which will guide you through some solutions as to how you can fix it. support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict forums.xbox.com/.../157383.aspx

On the the other hand, if these solutions fail to help your NAT type and or connection, I suggest you call up your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and explain

to them the problems you are facing. After having done this, you should request them for new router if they haven't said they will send you one already.

Most ISPs send routers out for free, on the other hand if your ISP do not send you a router, free of expenses, I suggest you buy a new router.

Also, try to make sure your console is not far away from the router, as your connection will be slower. You may also want try connecting a ethernet cable to your router and Xbox console. (You will then have direct connection, and will speed it up.)

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Ryan M (DarkLink 900)

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you happen to get a completely different router/modem? Also the suggestions above me, you can also try that.  If you feel that you might mess something up while trying to open your NAT, or Port Forwarding, call your ISP to request them to open up the router/modem.

Sorry this didn't help.

My NAT type is open, but I did get a new modem. I got xplorenet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, xPhazoid! Can you please take a look at this sticky and post your replies to the questions in bold at the bottom of the page: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx This will help us begin the troubleshooting process. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.