Can't chat with friends on X Box One.

What's with the wonky multi-step way you have to do to chat with friends on X Box One? Before it was just, send a chat request. now you have to start up apps and invite and blah blah blah? Anyway, for 2 days now a friend and I have tried to chat while gaming and can't. When we try turn the chat on, it says it can't at this time. And yes, we both went through all the steps MS says to do and we have open NAT and all that. A TOn of people seem to be having this problem. Nothing like paying 800 bucks for an XB One and some games and not being able to play it because we can't chat.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't had any problems with party chat.

[quote user="Epic Louie"]I haven't had any problems with party chat.[/quote]Brilliant. What a Fantastic contribution. I'm sure the OP now feels completely at ease at the inability to get chat running on the Xbox One.

On a side note. I really hate posts that say "it isn't happening for me." 

By chance you are one the 360. If so. 360 gamers and ONE gamers can't  voices chat each others. But they can text chat each other.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Epic Louie"]I haven't had any problems with party chat.[/quote]Brilliant. What a Fantastic contribution. I'm sure the OP now feels completely at ease at the inability to get chat running on the Xbox One.

On a side note. I really hate posts that say "it isn't happening for me." 

[/quote]

Thank you!

No, I was on my X Box One and so was my buddy I was trying to game with.

If that the case. I have no idea. Go to support forums to get the tech support to help u.

I can enter parties and talk to people no problem. But for some reason, the volume is super low even when I have it maxed. Whenever someone is speaking, I have to pause the game because if there is anything going around me then I can't hear at all.

We actually got into a party for the first time last night. We'll see if we can today...

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I can enter parties and talk to people no problem. But for some reason, the volume is super low even when I have it maxed. Whenever someone is speaking, I have to pause the game because if there is anything going around me then I can't hear at all.

[/quote]

same here, the max chat volume is very very low.

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]same here, the max chat volume is very very low.[/quote]

Yeah, it sucks because it pretty much means I can't co-op with anyone because I have to choose between listening to the game and listening to my friend.